a few administrative things

first off, Love Cozy, only played with it a little bit but I would like to roll this out for family members to be able to use.

I have been reading through some of the documentation. and i may be missing something but want to know how to do a few things:
example setup is cozy.example.com

If I create other instances of cozy of my main domain cozy.example.com do I need to recreate all the app sub domains as well: eg. default cozy is at cozy.example.com, drive.cozy.example.com, tools.cozy.example.com and so on. if I create a rob.cozy.example.com do i need to re do all the apps with drive.rob.cozy.example.com?

1. how do i get a list of applications i can install?

2. is there a admin gui backend to monitor instances and drive usage?

Hello @caddy

If I create a rob.cozy.example.com do i need to re do all the apps with drive.rob.cozy.example.com?

Yes, you need to create all subdomains for each apps installed on each instance.

how do i get a list of applications i can install?

On your home application inside your Cozy, you have list of all available ones.

is there a admin gui backend to monitor instances and drive usage?

Currently no. But you have cozy-stack instances ls to show all created instances, and you can look into /var/lib/cozy to see disk usage.

ok cool that is helpful. tho I am only seeing drives, photos, and connect. under the waffle thought there was more apps.

i am just going to setup a DNS wildcard then so i don’t have to create billions of subdomains.*

*billions may be a over exaggeration.

You have to create one wildcard *.foo.example.org per instance foo.example.org.
Wildcard is only 1 level depth, and so drive.bar.example.org is not covered by *.example.org.