Cozy out of service

Hi,

I have a RPi2 set up with cozy since a month and latetly, I was unable to connect to its web services.

Through SSH, I ran cozy_management show_reporting which I post (here)

Any help will be grateful.

Simon

Actually, if I run my SD card on a RPI3, it is working well.

Hello @SimonV,

Welcome aboard!

According to your report, Node.js is broken on your server. Trying to run Node return Illegal instruction, so it looks like you tried to install a Node version that was not built for your architecture.

Did you try to update Node recently?

It is possible. How to check what is going wrong more precisely ?

What is the output of file /usr/bin/node && file /usr/bin/nodejs ?

Here is the output :

/usr/bin/node: symbolic link to /etc/alternatives/node
/usr/bin/nodejs: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3, for GNU/Linux 2.6.32, BuildID[sha1]=c274448e775cc50d720b5c33530be2d871fb04cb, stripped

Hello @SimonV,

Are you sure you’re on a Raspberry Pi 2 ? The Pi 2 uses an ARMv7 architecture, but uname -a on your server says armv6l.

So, it looks like you’re running an ARMv6 architecture. You should try to install the ARMv6 version of Node.js.

Ok, so do you think it will be possible to me to have both arm6 and arm7 version on the same sd card ? Or I rather install a fresh image for my arm6 and restore data on it ?

Well, that’s strange, on your previous diagnosis, where node didn’t work, the output of uname was Linux cozy 4.4.38+ #938 Thu Dec 15 15:17:54 GMT 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux.
You can install Cozy on a Pi 2 or 3 but take care o using the right Node version for the architecture of your server.
I don’t think it’s possible to have both arm6 and arm7 versions on the same SD Card (maybe possible, but not a good idea, as it may lead to strange issues).

Ok, so I will make a fresh install for my RPI2 and copy the data on it. Any clue (link?) to backup the database then restore it on a new instance of cozy ?

Thanks for your support anyway.

You’re welcome, that’s my job :wink:

To backup and restore your server, you can use cozy_management:

• cozy_management backup will create a full archive into /var/lib/cozy/backup;
  • cozy_namagement restore <archive> will then restore the archive.

This will recreate the database on my other RPI machine ? No problem concerning the user permission ?

Yes, this should restore your database and configuration files, so you don’t have issue like permissions.