Cozy is a personal platform as a service with a focus on data. Cozy can be seen as 4 layers, from inside to outside:
1.A place to keep your personal data
2. A core API to handle the data
3. Your web apps, and also the mobile & desktop clients
4. A coherent User Experience.
We would like to develop a new major version of Cozy that can solve our new challenges:
- allow multi-users for self-hosted instances
- decrease the resources consumption per hosted Cozy instance to reduce its cost
- enhance the global security
- review some facets of the platform that don’t look right to us.
For that, we have started a large project, and a first step was to write a document that describe the architecture we want to build. This document is available here: https://github.com/cozy/cozy-stack/blob/master/doc/architecture.md
Before we start to code, it’s important for us to discuss with our community about the choice in this document. Your feedbacks are very precious to show us what we forgot, to suggest us some alternatives, and to help us prioritize better the developments to make.
The Cozy Cloud team